Vijay A. Doraiswamy, MD, MBA, RPVI, FACP, FACC
- Fellowship: Interventional Cardiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Fellowship: General Cardiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Arizona/UPHK Consortium, Tucson, AZ
- Medical School: Madras Medical School, Chennai, India
- MBA: Eller College of Management, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
About The Provider
After completing Medical School and an Internship, Dr. Doraiswamy came to Tucson to undergo his Internal Medicine Residency and Cardiovascular Fellowship trainings at University of Arizona, where he also taught as an Assistant Professor. To further his education and skills, Dr. Doraiswamy studied health care management and solutions for today’s health care problems, and subsequently earned an MBA at the UA Eller College of Management.
Following his already extensive education, he then attended University of Minnesota to get additional training in Interventional Cardiology, including Complex Coronary Interventions, Patent Foramen Ovale Closures, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Placement and Vein Interventions.
Dr. Doraiswamy has published his research works in respected medical journals. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and American College of Physicians.
When not in the clinic, he likes to paint, carve, travel, and learn about different cultures.
Dr. Doraiswamy is fluent in English, Hindi, and Tamil.
Conditions and Procedures
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiac CT
- Vascular Interpretations (RPVI)