6567 E. Carondelet Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
Phone: (520) 887-7700
Fax: (520) 849-5735
Thomas Nelson, MD
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Oncology and Adult Reconstruction, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota Hospitals, Minneapolis, MN
- Internship: General Surgery, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
About the Provider
Fellowship trained by the Mayo Clinic in Orthopedic Oncology and Adult Reconstruction, Dr. Thomas Nelson specializes in orthopedic oncology and joint replacement. He has extensive experience treating bone and soft tissue tumors for limb salvage , as well as in primary and revision total joint procedures for the shoulder, hip and knee.
Dr. Nelson is focused on providing safe, high quality orthopedic care specific to the patient’s diagnosis and treatment wishes. He strives to make every encounter a positive one.
He is an examiner for the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, and is a passionate contributor to organizations that provide medical services in Honduras.
Dr. Nelson has been in Tucson since 2019, and very much enjoys all the outdoor activities the desert has to offer.
Special Interests & Procedures
- Direct Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Orthopedic Metastatic Disease
- Orthopedic Oncology Disease
- Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement