Kathryn L. Bates, DO, FACC, FASE
Cardiology & Cardiovascular Disease
- Fellowships: Cardiovascular Imaging & Cardiovascular Disease, University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ
- Medical School: Midwestern University/Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chicago, IL
About The Provider
Kathryn Bates, DO is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Bates is also a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the American Society of Echocardiography.
After completing her postgraduate education, Dr. Bates practiced cardiology in an academic setting for three years. She was a staff cardiologist for Southern Arizona VA Health Care System, and Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Arizona, and actively involved in medical research. Her work in evaluating the effects of statins in congestive heart failure has been published in major medical journals. In 2003, Dr. Bates returned to the University of Arizona for a one-year Fellowship in Cardiac Imaging, and has been in private practice since then.
Dr. Bates is dedicated to bringing evidence-based medicine, with patient driven care, to pursue the best outcomes for her patients.
When not in the clinic, Dr. Bates enjoys mountain biking and road cycling, music (mandolin and guitar), traveling, cooking, and reading. She also has interest in health, fitness, and nutrition.
- General, Invasive/Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Management of Heart Disease in Women
- Nuclear Medicine
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention