Karen J. Hendershott, MD
- Research Fellowship: Surgical Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, NY
- Clinical Fellowship: Breast Surgical Oncology, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Residency: General Surgery, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
About The Provider
Breast Surgeon Karen J. Hendershott, MD joins Carondelet Medical Group as the St. Mary’s Hospital Breast Center Medical Director. She has both clinical and research fellowship training in breast oncology surgery.
Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery, Dr. Hendershott specializes in the surgical management of genetic, familial and triple negative breast cancer. She has sub-specialty training in oncoplastic techniques to maximize cosmetic outcomes, and partial breast radiation therapy, an advanced minimally invasive treatment option.
Dr. Hendershott understands breast care is complex, she partners with patients to provide individualized quality care. Her goal is to work with the patient’s care team to deliver optimal outcomes in a warm environment.
She is an award winning educator who is passionate about sharing her clinical expertise. A professional member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons, Association of Women Surgeons and Women in Medicine.
Dr. Hendershott was once a New England AllAmerican soccer goalkeeper, and continues to follow the sport.
Services And Procedures
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast Surgery for Cysts, Cancer, Lumps
- Lymph Node Surgery
- Partial Breast Radiation
- Preventive Mastectomy
- Reconstruction of the Breast