Kapil Lotun, MD, FACC, FSCAI, FSVM, RVT
Carondelet Medical Group – St. Mary’s
1707 W. St. Mary’s Rd. #101,
Tucson AZ, 85745
Phone: (520) 872-2484
Fax: (520) 872-7638
- Interventional Cardiology, Lahey Clinic Hospital, Tufts University, Boston, MA
- Cardiovascular Disease, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston, MA
- Vascular Medicine, St Elizabeth's Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston, MA
- Internal Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Internal Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Graduate School: Anatomy and Cell Biology, Palmer University, Davenport, IA
- Medical School: JIPMER, Pondicherry University, India
About the Provider
Kapil Lotun, MD is one of Southern Arizona’s premier Structural Heart Disease Cardiologists. He leads the CMG structural heart disease team in their commitment to provide individualized, quality care to the community.
Dr. Lotun has extensive experience in a minimally invasive treatment for aortic valve disease- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. He is proud to have pioneered the use of this advanced treatment in Southern Arizona.
He holds board certifications in six medical specialties: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Endovascular Medicine, and Internal Medicine.
Dr. Lotun is an accomplished academic who has led numerous cardiovascular research trials, and authored over twenty-five publications. He held various teaching positions at the University of Arizona College of Medicine, including Professor, Medicine - (Clinical Scholar Track), Director, Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program, Director, Structural & Heart Disease Program and Vascular Medicine, Director, Catheterization Laboratory at Banner – University Medical Center, Tucson.
Outside of medicine Dr. Lotun enjoys spending time with his family.
- Structural Heart Disease, Treatments include:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), Mitral clip, Left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO), Paravalvular leak closure (PVL), Atrial septal defect patent foramen ovale closure (ASD), Ventricular septal defect closure (VSD).
- Interventional Cardiology
- Complex Coronary Intervention
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Vascular Medicine
- Peripheral Vascular Disease